Conference Language : English
Powder metallurgy, the preferred net shaping method for manufacturing complex parts in steel, stainless steel, copper alloys, refractory metals, hard metals, heavy metals, ceramics and composites has been around for some time but is now getting a boost with increased energy and environment consciousness. The development of lifestyle & health devices, VVT, hybrid vehicles, electric vehicles, fuel cells, catalytic converters, composite electrical contacts, advanced sensors, light weight components and thermoelectric devices have been made possible by the use of several technologies that comprise the science & practice of Powder Metallurgy and Particulate Materials. The conference addresses these and related developments by way of presentations made by experts in each field during the plenary sessions.
The concurrent 44th Annual Technical Meet of PMAI provides a platform for researchers from industry & academia to present their work.
- Materials & alloy development
- Powder production & characterisation
- Compaction & other forming processes
- Compaction equipment
- Sintering & sintering equipment
- Hard metals
- Diamond tools
- Refractory metals
- Ceramics & composites
- Modeling of PM parts & processes
- Additive manufacturing
- Testing & evaluation of PM parts
- Health, safety & environment
- Materials for alternative energy generation
- Laser sintering, cladding and coating
- Medical applications
- PIM (MIM & CIM) technology
- PM factory automation
- Magnetic materials, SMC & hard magnets
- Materials for aerospace, defence & nuclear apps.